March 24th - april 4th
You do not have to be fluent in Spanish. We will work in both bilingual and Spanish speaking schools!
Your trip to Honduras, will include visits schools in San Pedro and the Bay Islands. While in the Bay Islands you will snorkel, do a Canopy Zip-line and enjoy some relaxing time at the most beautiful beaches in the world! Once you are relaxed and refreshed, you will head to Tegucigalpa, where you will do a service project for a local school, Kayak on Lake Yojoa, visit the Taulabe Caves, eat a fresh seafood lunch, and finally, co-teach in schools for three days!
Joyce Estrada Bailey (@miss_maestra)
LIMITED TO 20 PARTICIPANTS
FINAL PAYMENT BY December 31st, 2019
PRICE: $2990 with Airfare
Flexible Payment Plans Available. SEE FAQ'S
WHAT'S INCLUDED IN THE PRICE?
All trips are very flexible. If you want to make some changes, or bring family/friends, contact us and we will help you make the most of your visit! This trip also includes a one day Service Project in Tegucigalpa.
- RT Airfare from Miami to Tegucigalpa (we will help you coordinate travel toMiami for the group flight)
- 20+ hours Professional Development in the schools observing and working with teachers
- Touring and visiting schools in Honduras, including 3 days of co-teaching in Tegucigalpa
- Snorkeling, Canopy Zip-line on the Bay Islands
- Day trip to Lake Yojoa
- All in country transportation while on tour
- Home Stay with local teacher in Tegucigalpa (if you want to do a private hotel stay in Tegucigalpa, there is an additional cost of $800, per person)
- Group Hotel Stay Bay Islands, and Tegucigalpa
- Background check
- Bookbag Tours Conclusive Summit Dinner
- Welcome reception with teachers in Tegucigalpa
- Travel Insurance
Please note that itineraries and schools are subject to change because of school events, school leadership changes, etc....
We will keep you updated when there is a change.
March 24th - Arrive Tegucigalpa Honduras - Head to Bay Islands
March 25th - Free to Explore the island, or relax at the beach
March 26th - Day in Bay Islands - Snorkeling and school visit
March 27th - Day in Bay Islands - Canopy Zipline
March 28th - Head back to Tegucigalpa, Night in Hotel in Tegucigalpa
March 29th - Tegucigalpa Day tour to Lake Yojoa, Night in hotel
March 30th - Service Project in Tegucigalpa and meet with Host Family
March 31st - Free day in Tegucigalpa with Host Family
April 1st - In Schools
April 2nd - In Schools
April 3rd - In schools, Summit Dinner
April 4th - Return Home