August 4th - August 15th
You do not have to be fluent in Spanish. We will work in both bilingual and Spanish speaking schools!
Your trip to Honduras, will include visits schools in San Pedro and the Bay Islands. While in the Bay Islands you will snorkel, do a Canopy Zip-line and enjoy some relaxing time at the most beautiful beaches in the world! Once you are relaxed and refreshed, you will head to Tegucigalpa, where you will do a service project for a local school, Kayak on Lake Yojoa, visit the Taulabe Caves, eat a fresh seafood lunch, and finally, co-teach in schools for three days!
Joyce Estrada Bailey (@missmaestra)
LIMITED TO 20 PARTICIPANTS
FINAL PAYMENT BY MARCH 30TH, 2019
PRICE: $2990 with Airfare
WHAT'S INCLUDED IN THE PRICE?
All trips are very flexible. If you want to make some changes, or bring family/friends, contact us and we will help you make the most of your visit! This trip also includes a one day Service Project in Tegucigalpa.
- RT Airfare from Atlanta to San Pedro, Tegucigalpa to Atlanta (we will help you coordinate travel to Atlanta for the group flight)
- 20+ hours Professional Development in the schools observing and working with teachers
- Touring and visiting schools in Honduras, including 3 days of co-teaching in Tegucigalpa
- Snorkeling, Canopy Zip-line on the Bay Islands
- Day trip to Lake Yojoa
- All in country transportation while on tour
- Home Stay with local teacher in Tegucigalpa (if you want to do a private hotel stay in Tegucigalpa, there is an additional cost of $800, per person)
- Group Hotel Stay San Pedro, Bay Islands, and Tegucigalpa
- Background check
- Bookbag Tours Conclusive Summit Dinner
- Welcome reception with teachers in Tegucigalpa
- Travel Insurance
Please note that itineraries and schools are subject to change because of school events, school leadership changes, etc....
We will keep you updated when there is a change.
August 4th - Arrive San Pedro, Honduras - Afternoon in San Pedro
August 5th - Day in San Pedro - School visit
August 6th - Head to Bay Islands - Free to Explore the island, or relax at the beach
August 7th - Day in Bay Islands - Snorkeling and school visit
August 8th - Day in Bay Islands - Canopy Zipline
August 9th - Head to Tegucigalpa, Night in Hotel in Tegucigalpa
August 10th - Tegucigalpa Day tour to Lake Yojoa
August 11th - Service Project in Tegucigalpa and meet with Host Family
August 12th - In Schools
August 13th - In Schools
August 14th - In Schools and Summit Dinner
August 15th - Return Home