For Educators/Administrators of all levels
June 24th - July 3rd, 2019
Journey to this magnificent Northern European nation known for its vast wilderness, exquisite ski resorts, and the Northern Lights. Professional development opportunity with one of Finland's top educational trainers, Petteri Elo. Enjoy a scenic canal cruise and a trip to the medieval city of Porvoo. Explore Finland’s wondrous wilderness, and celebrated cities, on this 2019 tour.
Workshops Led by:
One of Finland's leading Professional Developers - To learn more about Petteri, go to our team page.
Jill Shafer and Tia Smith
LIMITED TO 20 PARTICIPANTS
DEPOSIT BY MARCH 31ST, 2019
PRICE: $2500 PLUS AIRFARE
Flexible Payment Plans Available. SEE FAQ'S
WHAT'S INCLUDED IN THE PRICE?
All trips are very flexible. If you want to make some changes, or bring family, contact us and we will help you make the most of your visit!
20+ hours Professional Development
All outings plus a 2 Day Helsinki Pass
Walking Tour of Helsinki
All Ground Transportation in the Helsinki Area
One Dinner, One Lunch
Please note this trip does not have school visits, just outstanding PD described below.
We will keep you updated when there is a change.
June 24th: ARRIVE HELSINKI
June 25TH: FREE DAY TO EXPLORE AND GET ACCLIMATED Welcome Dinner
- Activity # 1: - Workshop: Finnish education system and National Core Curriculum in Action. In this session you will gain understanding and insights to the Finnish education system and National Core Curriculum to better understanding the stand that the society takes regarding education. You will study some of the key elements of the curriculum and its skill-based approach to gain understanding of the reforms that the system is going through to better meet the demands of the 21st century. - Facilitator: Petteri Elo - Duration 2,5h - Location: Finnish National Agency for Education or The University of Helsinki
- Activity # 2: - A visit to Suomenlinna, fortress island on the coast of Helsinki https://www.suomenlinna.fi/en/ - Guide: Petteri Elo - Duration 3 hours
- Activity #1 - Workshop: Modelling Professional Development. In this workshop you will be presented with a simple yet effective way to keep yourself active and innovative as a professional. The facilitator will demonstrate how he works this model in practice. This will provide you with more insights to combining skill and content objectives for teaching and learning. - Facilitator: Petteri Elo - Duration 2,5h sessions. - Location: Finnish National Agency for Education or The University of Helsinki
- Activity # 2 - Workshop: Project-Based Learning. In this work shop you will gain tools and strategies for running engaging and student-centered PBL-projects in your classroom. - Facilitator: Petteri Elo - Duration 2,5h sessions. - Location: Finnish National Agency for Education or The University of Helsinki
- Activity #1 - Workshop: Conversations with Finnish /teachers students OR/AND Investigative learning in action AND/OR Strategies for Teaching Collaboration and Communication Skills - Duration 2 x 2,5h. - Location: Finnish National Agency for Education or The University of Helsinki - Host: Petteri Elo
Day in a life of a Finn: Sauna, Salmon and Surroundings
- This day will take you to Kuusijärvi, https://www.cafekuusijarvi.fi/english/, a small recreational center just 30 drive away from the city center of Helsinki. We will enjoy the area by strolling/jogging around the lake, after which we will go to the public sauna and have a dip in the lake, as Finns do it. After this ultimate Finnish experience we will stroll through the forest to Petteri's house where he will prepare a traditional Finnish lunch including freshly smoked salmon, sausages, salad and refreshments. - Host: Petteri Elo - Duration: about 6h -